- Any person in need of a grave site for his/her dear one is required to meet Las Vegas Islamic Cemetery representative to provide information regarding the deceased and to sign a form for record keeping and receive a copy of the rules and regulations.
- Notice of at least twenty four (24) hours, before the announced burial time, will be required for digging arrangements.
- All burials have to be completed during daylight hours only. There is no arrangement for light at the cemetery. Burials have to conform to all state and county requirements.
- Only the available grave site in line will be provided. Reservations of spots not permitted for anyone.
- No grave shall be raised above the established grade. No enclosure of any kind such as a fence, a hedge, ditch, gravel, or shrubs shall be permitted around any grave. No tomb or mausoleum may be erected on any grave.
- No raised headstones or markers are allowed. The name plates will be placed by the cemetery personnel. The cemetery is not responsible for repair or replacement of any name plate or marker. The name plate should be made of granite.
- No one is allowed to make any changes or alterations to the grave/graves.
- No Quranic verses on the marker.
- No work is to be performed by anybody at the cemetery property without the explicit written permission of the cemetery personnel.
- Vehicles should be parked properly in the parking lot. No vehicles are to be driven through the cemetery grounds except the grave digger or the maintenance person vehicles.
- No person shall block or remove any plant or flowers from any part of the cemetery.
- Flowers may be placed on graves but not in a vase, basket, potted plant, or any other container. Any other decorations will not be permitted.
- No digging of holes or breaking/injuring any tree, shrubs, or in any way defacing the grounds or structures of the cemetery.
- No person will be permitted profane or boisterous language or in any way disturb the quiet or good order of the cemetery.
- No advertisements, notices, or signs of any kind will be allowed.
- The Islamic Foundation of Nevada would like to remind the people that the cemetery grounds are sacred to us and are devoted to the burial of the dead. You will all do us a favor by abiding by these rules and regulations in order to keep the cemetery clean, beautiful, and peaceful.
- The ground care of the entire cemetery is the responsibility of the cemetery personnel. However, it is the responsibility of the relatives and friends of the deceased to volunteer in helping keeping the cemetery grounds well maintained and clean.
- The board of trustees of the cemetery may at any time, without notice, adopt new rules and regulations or amend/alter and/or repeal any rule, regulations and/or sentence in this rules and regulations.
As the Muslim community is aware about the uphill battle that we had to endure in order to establish the Las Vegas Islamic Cemetery, one of the conditions which was placed upon us is to keep the gate to the cemetery closed at all times. Therefore, we ask for the utmost cooperation of the beneficiary of the cemetery and their families to observe the following rules:
- Visitation hours will be between 8 AM- until half an hour before sunset. The visitation will have to be arranged with the Funeral Director’s availability and by appointment.
- Private property. Visitors use the cemetery grounds at their own risk and should be aware of the following.
- Dogs, cats, or pets of any kind are not permitted in the cemetery.
- No one may damage or deface any property belonging to the cemetery.
- Roller blades, skates or skate boards, or any similar devices are not permitted in the cemetery.
- The cemetery assumes no liability or responsibility for loss or damage to any grave or marker or any article placed on a grave beyond their reasonable control and especially from damage caused by the elements, Act of God, common enemy, thieves, vandals, explosions, accidents, invasion, insurrection, riots or order of any military or civil authority. Whether the damage is direct or collateral.
The cemetery assumes liability only if, while performing routine cemetery operations, the cemetery or its employees cause damage to any grave or its marker. Liability in this case is limited only to the extent of the damage. The cemetery personnel shall make a reasonable effort to correct any damage that may have occurred.